Primary PE and Sports Premium Provision at Hardwick Primary School
What is the Primary PE and Sports Premium?
The Education Funding Agency provides additional funding to each school every academic year to improve provision of Physical Education (PE) and Sport in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport. It is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this. Possible uses for the funding might include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers to improve their teaching of PE
- Supporting and engaging the least active children through improving planning and purchasing of resources to stretch and challenge
- Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
We will use the PE Premium money to contribute towards the development of our PE development action plan which will include improving the provision of after school clubs, increasing the range of PE and sports equipment available to our childen and supporting the teaching of high quality PE lessons. The impact of the PE action plan and expenditure of the Primary PE and Sports Premium money will be evaluated at the end of the academic year.