Home-School Link Worker (Family Support)
Our friendly and dedicated team of Home-School Link Workers aim to work in partnership with parents/carers, schools and other agencies to support families, aiming to reduce current stressful situations and prevent future difficulties.
Every family goes through difficult circumstances at some point in their lives; our HSLWs strive to support you at these times with the ultimate aim that all children enjoy school and are happy and secure.
The role of a Home School Link Worker (HSLW) includes:
- Offering support in school
- Supporting parents/carers and families
- Improving attendance and punctuality
- Promoting positive behaviour
The HSLW can help by providing:
- One to one support, listening ear and advice,
- Signposting to other agencies - i.e. Information of local services and community activities,
- Support groups for parents/carers,
- Support in accessing Early Help Intervention.
Who can the HSLW help:
- Parents/carers experiencing behavioural issues with their children;
- Families who are reacting to change, such as parental separation or bereavement;
- Parents/carers to improve attendance and punctuality;
- Difficulties impacting on family life e.g. illness, domestic violence, disability, financial difficulties;
- Signposting – providing information on local services, benefit entitlements and community activities;
- Completing forms and documentation for benefit applications;
- Children who are experiencing difficult times or are withdrawn or anxious;
How to contact the HSLW:
Parents/carers, school and children can ask a member of the team to become involved. With your consent we will explore the difficulties your child is experiencing and identify the best way forward.
Should a child protection issue be identified, we are legally bound to follow Government guidelines.
You can contact one of the team in confidence via the school office.